Southdale Seniors - Fall Update (August 14, 2020)
Southdale CC is excited to be able to offer membership and limited events for our members. We approach the season with trepidation and will ensure that anything we offer will be fully safe for all participants by maintaining or exceeding provincial health recommendations. If we cannot reach these standards, we will not offer it.
- Membership Fees for 2020-21 is reduced to $12. This reflects the inability to provide as many programs and benefits. In order to participate in any program, you must have a membership.
- Registration and payment for membership/events will not open until at least Sept 1.
- Masks will be mandatory for all programming. Exercise program participants do not have to wear while exercising/physically distanced but will need to wear them before, after and during breaks.
- No participant will be allowed in the facility if they do not pass COVID screening. Hand sanitizer will be used upon entry. Separate entrances will be maintained.
- Part of the screening process will disallow entry to seniors programming if they have travelled outside of Manitoba in the last 14 days.
- The Manitoba Association of Seniors Centres will host an information session about COVID and staying safe. This will take place on Tuesday, September 8 at 10:00am in the gym. Pre-registration is required. Access through hall entrance. Doors will not open until 15 minutes before the presentation. Memberships will be processed at presentation.
- Exercise classes are expected to resume mid-September with a potentially reduced schedule. Participants will have physically distanced chairs for breaks and storing personal belongings.
- Presentations, walking group (once it needs to relocate indoors), and creative writing are expected to also resume in mid-September with proper restrictions in place.
- Snacks and beverages will not be served at any events or programs. Members are welcome to bring their own beverages but they must remain in their personal area.
- Cards/games and luncheons are delayed until further notice . Review will be ongoing to host as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Celebrations - Tuesday, Oct 6 - 8 spots remaining. Call 204 257-6171 ext 200 to be added to list.
- Flower Arranging - Thursday, Oct 8 - currently full. Call above number for wait list.
- Other events will be considered based on the provider's COVID protocols and safety of our members.
- Individuals at high risk of serious illness may consider waiting to return.
- Further protocols and details will be released by Sept 1.